The GCHWC will hold their monthly meeting on Saturday, March 18th starting at 6pm at the Zion Church in Norwood. See you all there!
Just a reminder that the GCHWC will be meeting this weekend Sat. Feb 18th starting at 6pm (Zion Church in Norwood) for our third annual Hot Wheels Bingonight!. Directions can be found on this site
For those of you that couldn’t make it in years past, this is similar to a normal bingo game that uses Hot Wheels related items (castings, designers,etc) on the boards instead of numbers and letters. We will play for fun and prizes…
For this month’s meeting, we’ll gather at Cancun’s Mexican restaurant in Norwood starting at 6:00pm on Saturday, January 21st.
This is their “new” location in Surrey Square, so please find the address below.
4410 Montgomery Rd. Norwood, OH 45212
Mark your calendars for the annual GCHWC Holiday Party on Dec 10th at Zion Church. It’s hard to believe but this will be our 8th annual party, so let’s celebrate the year!.
We’ll meet on Saturday, Dec 10th starting from 12 noon – 3pm at the Zion Church in Norwood. This is the same place we used for the Chili cookoff this past weekend. Activities will include:
This is a family event, so all are invited however since we’re planning for the food, please RSVP when you know how many people will be attending and what type of side dish you’d like to make.
As always, we’re incredibly happy that Zion Church is able to have us for this event and please don’t forget to bring non-perishable food items or paper products as donations to their food pantry.
See you all there!
As the fall weather starts to creep in, it’s time for everyone to get out your cookbooks for GCHWC’s Fourth Annual Chili Cookoff / Swap / Night at the Races on Nov 19th starting at 6pm at Zion Church.
We’ll start the evening with a chili dinner supplied by our members competing for “best chili” honors as voted on by you… the lucky folks who get to sample them all. Have a great recipe to share? Bring a crockpot and wow the crowd! This year we’re adding a corn bread category for even more great samples.
After dinner, we’ll use Larry’s indoor downhill track setup for three special themed races:
- Grab bag: crowd favorite race..buy your way in with a car you purchase at random from a bag of unopened cars. Fastest car wins half the pot!
- Model Year Mania: 2010. This event is open to any 2010 model year unmodified Hot Wheels (for example 2010 Ford Mustang GT). The year refers to the model of the vehicle, not the year in which it was produced by Mattel.
- Station Wagon Showdown: This event is open to all unmodified hot wheels station wagons (ex. 8 Crate, Chevelle Wagon, Nomad). Minivans and SUV’s need not apply!
Finally, after the races, members are invited to lay out any / all items they’d like to swap and sell. Table space is limited, so if you have a card table handy, please bring it along.
1. Grab bag: Buy an entry at random from our “mystery bag” and race for a chance at half the proceeds.
2. Color race: Any unmodified Hot Wheels RED cars (must be more than
50% that color).
3. Featured marque race: Any unmodified MOPAR Hot Wheels (Chrysler,
Dodge, Plymouth, etc)
4. Model year race: Any unmodified Hot Wheels of a 1969 model year
car (example: 69 Camaro, 69 Mustang, 69 Pontiac GTO, etc)
5. Bone Shaker race: Open to any unmodified HW Bone Shaker
6. Open race: Run any model Hot Wheels (except drag buses / redlines) for the ultimate in bragging rights. Winner is crowned “Fastest Car of the Night!”
We reserve the right to limit entry quantities in the name of time and any questions on entries / race finish results are left to the race operators. Other than that, let’s race!
April GCHWC Meeting: This month, we’ll meet at 6pm on Saturday, April 16th at Zion Church for movie night!
We’ll have snacks on hand and watch a special movie (car themed, of course…title will be released soon).
The church has quite an audio video setup that we used last year for the “Snake and Mongoose” movie viewing party, so join us for this event !
For February, the GCHWC will hold Hot Wheels themed Bingo with chances to win prizes (more info soon). We did this for the first time last year and it was great fun.
For those of you that couldn’t make it last year, this is similar to a normal bingo game that uses Hot Wheels related images (castings, designers,etc) on the boards instead of numbers and letters. We will play for fun and prizes…
Here are some shots from this year’s bingo game:
Designed by GCHWC’s own Corey Z of Rip City Customz, these Custom ’62 Chevy Trucks are decked out in a two-tone holiday paint scheme and feature real riders, metal base and even a scale Christmas tree in the bed.
These are a limited run available to club members and friends, so get yours today! We’ll have them available at meetings or send us an email / Facebook message to reserve your own.